28.9.07

Updates on goals (Big Fun Scary Things)

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in April, I posted my list of goals I'd put together in January as part of Chris Baty's Year of Doing Big Fun Scary Things Together. It's now almost October, so I figure it's time for an assessment of where I stand, what progress I've made, and what still needs to be done.

1. Finish Ambigu (Nano2005)? Nope, not so much. But I've been trying to get back into the swing of it before Nano2007 rolls around. So, while not nearly finished at all, I've made some progress.

2. I decided that taking ceramics classes on Thursday evenings didn't really fit into my work schedule. Instead, we invested in an art table so I could do art at home.

3. www.thedrafthorse.com has been up and running (if largely under construction) for quite a while now. The Italian Stallion has been going to town on his webspace.

4. Finances are always a work in progress, but by and large, I'm making improvements.

5. I bought a scale. And I lost 10 lbs without trying too hard. (I'm down to around 147 lbs and have been for a while.) But I still drink too much Coca-Cola-Sweet-Nectar-Of-Life.

6. I haven't written the article yet, but I did write one heck of an impassioned pro-carriage/urban horse argument on phillyblog.com.

7. Facebook is my friend.

8. We love our new apartment. It's perfect.

9. While cleaning out stuff led to more than a few arguments between thedrafthorse and the Italian Stallion, it's been done, and we're all happy.

10. I'm planning on it, and counting down the days to Nov. 1! I even have an inkling of an idea...

11. I haven't been to the library, but I did find my OLD research while performing #9.

12. I've got some pretty pictures of my coworkers. I still want to take some more, though.

13. I haven't done much here, but my solution to #2 is a start, and I even did some networking on a carriage ride the other day!

14. Yes, I cook some, but I do live in Foodadelphia.

So, to refocus my goals:

1. Write. This includes Ambigu, Nano2007, the daily Haiku, etc.

2. Do art.

3. Watch less TV and drink fewer Cokes.

4. Pay off debt.

5. Keep organized. (I just had to clean out 2000 emails in my inbox.)

No comments: