15.11.07

Day 15: 10550 words

Oh, I'm seriously behind after not having written for the week straight I worked without a day off. I've got to figure out how to write on days I work. But I've passed 10K, and am rolling along now, I think.

I am reminded why NaNo is so much fun. Writing on the fly creates some wonderfully and sometimes weirdly beautiful things. For instance, I have one of my MCs nearly run over by a Conestoga wagon on the Penna Turnpike because he's on the "wrong" side of the road. And so I leave him there, standing on the wrong side of the road, which becomes a metaphor for his life. It needs refining, of course, but that's what December is for.

Favorite line of the day: “Dolly Todd is not a proper lady,” Anne snapped, crossing her arms. “She is from North Carolina.”

No comments: